Glenview Elementary School
A new modern classroom building is under construction at Glenview Elementary. The new building will replace the current classroom building and relocatables. The new classroom building will include the existing main entry and accompanying façade, yard in front of main entry will be repaved. New handicap accessible (ADA) stair lift by stairs will provide accessibility from street level to the main entry doorway. Replacement of 21 classrooms, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
The new classroom building will also feature:
- New Multipurpose room with new stage
- Storage under stage for chairs
- Folding cafeteria tables
- Striping for basketball for indoor physical education
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Weekly Construction Update
What to expect on campus April 27 - May 11:
- Handrail installation is in process across campus.
- Preparation for the lower yard play matting installation has begun.- Scaffolding has been installed at the portico, with corrective work and paint in process.
- Installation of wall pads in the multi purpose room is complete.
- Ceiling panel installation in the library is complete.- Exterior wooden bench installation has begun and will continue next week. Once completed, picnic table and trash receptacle installation will begin.- Interior finish work continues with paint touch-ups, walk-off matt frame installation, light installation, and trim sanding ongoing.
Project Fact Sheet
$58.8 M Budget, funded by Measure J Bond
- Retention of iconic art deco façade and cascading stairs at the corner of Hampel and La Cresta
- New building will be modern and meet seismic requirements mandated by the State to protect the safety of students and staff
- High performance building will feature good lighting, clean air, and comfortable classrooms to create healthy learning environments for students
- Hardwood flooring from the old Multipurpose room will be repurposed in the Lobby of the new building